The CDL Podcast is an online audio show about what it is like to be a professional driver in today’s modern world. From conceptualization to implementation I created this podcast because over the years I have come to realize how important that getting accurate and timely information to the drivers I share the road with.
How it began…
In January of 2014, I began working on developing a concept of delivering this show in the form of a podcast. I get the stories and photos for the show during my daily commute between my home terminal and wherever that day’s journey takes me. I travel all through the United States on a daily and weekly basis. My goal is to run the show as my full-time business and record it daily/weekly in my home office.
The CDL Podcast is an online audio show about what it is like to be a professional driver in today’s modern world. I created this podcast from conceptualization to implementation because I realized how important it is to get accurate and timely information to the drivers I share the road with.
In January of 2014, I began developing a concept of delivering this show in the form of a podcast. I get the stories and photos for the show during my daily commute (at that time) between my home terminal in Batavia, NY, and wherever that day’s journey takes me. I travel daily and weekly through New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Southern Ontario, Canada. My goal is to run the show as my full-time business and record it daily/weekly in my home office.
Recording a podcast while driving in New York State is impossible due to “distracted driving” laws. Touching any electronic devices while in Canada will earn you a $288 fine, and it goes up from there. So I capture my content from various devices inside and outside the vehicles I operate. I record everything you hear for the podcasts in my home office, where I am free from the distractions of the road. I decided to give this podcast a try after I found Jack Spirko’s The Survival Podcast.
The guiding concepts of The CDL Podcast are based on include:
1. Use personal experience combined with real-world experiences to relay to the professional driver why this topic is important and why they should pay attention to it.
2. Protect the public from bad driving practices by teaching others advanced and proven driving methods to make the professional driver safer and an asset to their companies and themselves.
3. Teach drivers the driving rules for their location. Unfortunately, many drivers out there are unaware of what is and what is safe versus daily unsafe practices. I have witnessed some of the best reputations in safety companies hiring poor drivers too.
4. Show drivers that they can learn “what’s wrong with this picture” and take their driving to the professional and safe level they know that they can obtain. Likewise, the general public deserves through situational awareness and general observation.
5. No matter what the so-called experts tell you, what you do does matter, and you do control your destiny. Live life to the fullest and understand that you have more control over your life than anyone or anything else.
Three Reasons To Get A CB Radio Now!
I just came across this YouTube video that I thought I would share from “Farpoint Farms” -=Enjoy=-
FM mode gets approved by FCC for CB Radios
FM mode has been requested by CB users for decades. FCC signals FM CB will be permitted on 27 MHz soon. What the Memorandum Opinion and Order on Reconsideration Would Do: Grant Cobra’s Petition requesting that the Commission allow FM as an optional modulation scheme for all existing 40 CB Radio Service channels (with AM remaining …
Continue reading “FM mode gets approved by FCC for CB Radios”
Warning Letters Criteria Changed for Unsafe Driving BASIC Results
FMCSA recently changed which carriers are sent warning letters based on Unsafe Driving BASIC results. Previously, carriers could receive warning letters for this BASIC if they met the threshold for interventions or further monitoring (50% for passenger carriers, 60% for HM carriers, and 65% for all other carriers). As of September 24, 2021, all carriers …
Continue reading “Warning Letters Criteria Changed for Unsafe Driving BASIC Results”
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have about The CDL Podcast website. I will respond as quickly as possible.
Email me and is the best method at email@example.com